Sunday, October 10, 2010

Breadsticks

Thought I would share one of my favorites with my ladies in the Springs. I miss all of you so much! 



Michelle Withers

Bread dough:
1 Tbsp. yeast
1.5 tsp. salt
3-4 c. flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1.5 c. warm water
1.5 tsp oil

Mix the sugar, warm water and yeast. Add salt and 2 cups flour. Blend and add the rest of the flour until it reaches the right consistency: not too dry, but not too sticky (I usually use all 4 cups). Roll onto a cookie sheet.

Topping:
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. parmesean cheese
1/4 c. mayo
1/4 tsp. parsley
1/4 tsp. garlic salt

Mix topping together and put on the dough. Let them rise until double. Bake at 350 until golden brown on the top. Then try not to eat the whole pan before dinner!

3 comments:

  1. I'm considering making these tonight. However, I'm assuming when you said "add salt and two cups water" you meant the first two cups of flour? Am I crazy?
    We miss you too Michelle!!! I hope school and life in general is going well for you =).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, one more thing, how much sugar do you put in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rachel, sorry I messed up the recipe...It does mean 2 cups of flour, and 2 Tbsp sugar. That's what I get for trying to do two things at once! I'll fix it on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete