Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Spinach Almond Salad

Now that Thanksgiving is approaching, I think it would be fun if each of us shared one of our favorite dishes at Thanksgiving. Just an idea. Well, here is one of mine. A salad recipe that I just LOVE! I think I could eat the whole salad by myself in one sitting. It is that good.

Sorry I don't have a picture for it. I seem to forget to take pictures while I am cooking. Well, here goes:

SPINACH ALMOND SALAD

1 (9 oz) bag fresh spinach
1 medium apple, diced
crumbled fried bacon
3/4 cup toasted* slivered or sliced almonds

*Place almonds on cookie sheet in a 300 degree oven for 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool, then toss all ingredients together.

Dressing:
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
1/4 tsp salt
3 Tbs. cider vinegar
A slice of a small, red onion

Blend dressing ingredients together in a blender. Pour over salad just before serving.

Simple and delicious. Enjoy!

Now I want to hear some of your menu items planned for the big Turkey day...may give me some ideas of what I want to make... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment